Dried flowers are one of the most popular decorative elements for homes, because of their decorative and usually neutral color. Unlike fresh flowers, dry flowers are easy to take care of and can be kept anywhere in the house.
The use of dried flowers has become increasingly popular in recent times. Almost all, if not all home and interior bloggers have got some kind of neutral dried flower or two. The biggest culprit amongst this category is pampas grass!
It is very easy to care for dried flowers than fresh flowers. So, let’s quickly give you some tips:
1. The most important thing to do when you get dried flowers is to use a hair spray on them, this ensures it doesn’t shed.
2. Don't touch the stems, they will fall apart like straw.
3. Spray water on them to spruce them up if they get dusty.
4. If you want to dye your dried flowers, you can do it before or after drying them out or even after rehydrating them and letting them dry again.
5. Dried flowers are an ideal medium for decorating because they are stable, and once dried, will not drop petals onto your floor, tablecloth or clothing.
6. If they lose their appearance completely, they can also be dyed white. A mixture of water and starch should be placed in a glass or jar and the dried flowers should be immersed in it for at least twenty minutes.
7. They should then be left to dry on newspaper or paper towels until they are completely dry.
Have you seen our collection of dried flowers? We currently have some available here at just ₦5,000.00 for a set of 15 pieces of 100cm pampas!